FileNote Not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trevoc

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2006 :  19:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've written here before on same subject, that my FileNote doesnt seem to work. I realize from reading someone elses question on the subject that there might be a conflict of othe shells. I've also reinstalled my FileNote and followed the follwing instructions given last time I was here:

"To use FileNote with Windows XP on folder you must make changes on the registry (but only do it, if you know what you are doing).
With Windows XP open regedit. Go to the path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
Now create a new key called FileNote and use the same value for the default value as you find under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\FileNote, like:
{9EDB82E0-C19C-11D1-A59F-00609725CF78}.
Then exit the registry (perhaps you must restart your computer to read the registry changes).
In the context menu of folders you now have a new command, FileNote, which will work as the FileNote command for files."

Well, the problem is, this works only in the far left panel of Windows Explorer's list of folders. I can make a note on a folder. The Notepad opens up as it should, but I want it to work on programs which I downloaded................anyone have a clue how to make it work on programs instead of folders?

I really love this program, and would love to get it working again. mailto:trevoc@yahoo.comtrevoc@yahoo.com

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2006 :  21:56:21  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The workaround that you quoted was a dirty fix for *folders*, not files. By default FileNote should work with files (programs). Try re-installing FileNote and be sure you have admin privileges.
Go to Top of Page

NeVisNjoat1

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2011 :  12:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try enabling Copy File Name- I couldn't get Filenote to work without enabling that as well. Worth a try, eh?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000