Error Message: MMSYSTEM264 -- not enough memory
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drshi

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  02:00:32  Show Profile
Once in a while, even after a fresh boot, when I try to play .avi's several will not run and I get the message MMSYSTEM264 -- not enough memory. Some time later, all these files play just fine. What's up?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  02:13:05  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
MX uses MCI drivers supplied by Windows/3rd parties to play back multimedia files. This standard for outdated (mostly used in Windows Media Player up to version 2) for today and probably the drivers are pretty old and just may not work properly with newer/big files. This kind of drivers may be included for backwards compatibility and are often quite buggy.

MX is not the best choice to play back new and huge multimedia files, since it was last updated about 5 years ago, when multimedia content was different.
Go to Top of Page

drshi

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  03:24:31  Show Profile
I've just found that all these files play fine if I simply move them to a folder that does not have this problem. No idea why.
Go to Top of Page

drshi

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  03:37:09  Show Profile
Got the answer. This problem occurs only when trying to open files that are too many sub-folders deep. When you get up to six deep, MX sometimes has trouble opening files. Five and less seem to present no such problem.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  03:47:15  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
I think the level is not important but total length of file name (including full path) might be.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000