Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 Autofill not working--sometimes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2018 :  01:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know when but sometimes the autofill gives "Failed to acquire webpage address..." even though it has done that same website a hundred times before. The entry in PA hasn't changed. This also happens with several other sites as well, but also works with several. I'm using Chrome and everything is up to date. If something changed in Chrome, I don't know what it is. Anyone else have this experience? How do I fix this?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1168 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2018 :  11:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The latest version of Chrome has some changes that break autofill matching to Chrome from PA. I'm aware of the issue and will address this with PA update.

Until the issue gets fixed you can use classic autofill (select item in PA manually first, then press Ctrl+Shift+A) or another browser (can change default browser under Tools | Settings).

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2018 :  19:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ahto! You saved me a ton of time searching for a solution.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

The latest version of Chrome has some changes that break autofill matching to Chrome from PA. I'm aware of the issue and will address this with PA update.

Until the issue gets fixed you can use classic autofill (select item in PA manually first, then press Ctrl+Shift+A) or another browser (can change default browser under Tools | Settings).

Ahto

Go to Top of Page

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2018 :  01:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've discovered my laptop doesn't have the problem, only the desktop(that explains the "sometimes") and both are running exactly the same version of Chrome. Both are also running Win 10 Pro x64 and almost the same apps but still checking. Has top be something recent because it's only the last few weeks I've noticed the problem. Ahto, could it still be Chrome?

Gary
quote:
Originally posted by cgazsc

Thanks Ahto! You saved me a ton of time searching for a solution.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

The latest version of Chrome has some changes that break autofill matching to Chrome from PA. I'm aware of the issue and will address this with PA update.

Until the issue gets fixed you can use classic autofill (select item in PA manually first, then press Ctrl+Shift+A) or another browser (can change default browser under Tools | Settings).

Ahto



Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1168 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2018 :  01:29:19  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do both computers have 64-bit Chrome? I'm positive that the latest version of 64-bit Chrome has change that prevents autofill matching, I know what the issue is. I have not tested 32-bit one.
Go to Top of Page

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2018 :  08:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked and I'm afraid so, both x64.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

Do both computers have 64-bit Chrome? I'm positive that the latest version of 64-bit Chrome has change that prevents autofill matching, I know what the issue is. I have not tested 32-bit one.

Go to Top of Page

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2018 :  08:12:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both are running: Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

quote]Originally posted by cgazsc

Just checked and I'm afraid so, both x64.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

Do both computers have 64-bit Chrome? I'm positive that the latest version of 64-bit Chrome has change that prevents autofill matching, I know what the issue is. I have not tested 32-bit one.


[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2018 :  03:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update:
Restored an image backup from last month. Chrome version is older, tested Autofill and it worked! Now reviewing what software may have been installed.

quote]Originally posted by cgazsc

Both are running: Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

quote]Originally posted by cgazsc

Just checked and I'm afraid so, both x64.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

Do both computers have 64-bit Chrome? I'm positive that the latest version of 64-bit Chrome has change that prevents autofill matching, I know what the issue is. I have not tested 32-bit one.


[/quote]
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1168 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2018 :  10:16:40  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that the issue is with the new Chrome. I will try to improve compatibility and will release update this coming week.
Go to Top of Page

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2018 :  21:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It appears this fix is a lot harder than thought. I really miss global autofill so found a temporary workaround. Stop the 2 auto-update Chrome Services. Uninstall Chrome. Install an older version(search the web). Not ideal but livable for a while.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

I know that the issue is with the new Chrome. I will try to improve compatibility and will release update this coming week.

Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1168 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2018 :  22:35:11  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have fixed the issue but will release new version early next week as I want to make a few other changes.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1168 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2018 :  01:18:27  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Updated version 2017.12.20 is now available and that fixes autofill matching issue with new Chrome browser.

Please note at present the installer and executables are not digitally signed as it turned out the code signing certificate was expired but I wanted to make this new version with bug fixes available immediately. Signed executables will be available next week after I'll receive new certificate.
Go to Top of Page

cgazsc
Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2018 :  04:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bravo!! Even though the feature has only been available a relatively short time, I've become totally dependent on it! Thanks Ahto!
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

Updated version 2017.12.20 is now available and that fixes autofill matching issue with new Chrome browser.

Please note at present the installer and executables are not digitally signed as it turned out the code signing certificate was expired but I wanted to make this new version with bug fixes available immediately. Signed executables will be available next week after I'll receive new certificate.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000