lost password
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wilste@att.net

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2017 :  22:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the midst of changing my password, I had to leaver the computer and my grandson decided to play on the keyboard. Anyway I have Win10 and tried to follow your instructions on finding the password, but could not find the referenced files/folders. Any other way to find it? Could I uninstall and buy a new copy, or would my data be lost? I just moved and am in a panic to get to my data.
Thanks!

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1133 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2017 :  23:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Assuming you are using the latest version 2016/2017 of Password Agent. When you run Password Agent you will likely prompted for master password? Now open File menu and choose command Properties. It displays properties for your data file. There you see your data file name (ending with .pwa) and also Location where file is saved.
Now, with Windows Explorer navigate to that folder and there should be your data file and also several automatic backup files of type .old1 - .old9. Make copy of the file that has extension .old1 and rename it to .pwa. Then open it in Password Agent. That is likely the last file version that has your old password.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000