Password Agent
 Next Version of Password Agent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RRX

8 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2012 :  05:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have been talking about the next version of Password Magic for quite a long time now. Do you have any information you may pass on to your users about when the beta may be available to test?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2012 :  09:10:30  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was busy with Copiaris that was recently released. It took longer than expected. Now starting to work mainly on Password Agent 3.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

Busman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2012 :  21:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been monitoring the site for sometime, also.

I have been using Password Agent since 2002 and have found it to be an excellent program for my needs. I maintain over 800 websites/passwords in it very easily.

It works on my PC (Win 7) and mobile HP iPAQ 210 (WinMobile 6.5). But, as I am tired of Microsofts terrible attitude toward mobile devices, I am shifting to Android for mobile activities. My new Samsung Galaxy II (OS 4) is doing a better than expected job of replacing many of my iPAQs software functions. So, naturally, I am interested in knowing, if you can say at this time, if you will be issuing an Android version? Ideally able to sync with my base PC, as several other programs are doing. As I expect to keep the iPAQ for awhile longer, it isn't critical at this time. But it would be helpful to know.

Thanks for writing such an excellent product. I haven't found even more recently issued programs to do as good a job.

Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2012 :  15:49:08  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got myself Android-powered Galaxy Note recently and indeed Android applet is high priority. However, I'll start working on mobile applets once major ver 3 update is ready as file format update is required to provide full sychronization capability between different versions.
I know this all has been taking much longer than expected but I'm eager to release mobile verisons in the future as it is also interesting new playground for me too.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

RRX

8 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2012 :  04:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahto,
Do you have any information you can let all of your users know about when the next upgrade of PWA may become available?

Edited by - RRX on 22 December 2012 04:43:46
Go to Top of Page

RRX

8 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2013 :  00:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alto,
Any new information on the next version?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2013 :  07:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PA ver 3 will be available this year.
Go to Top of Page

cgazsc

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2013 :  08:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahto, what about an iOS version? Specifically iPad.
Go to Top of Page

NancyG

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2013 :  20:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My old XP system is dying & need Win8 support. When will next version of PW Agent be released? I'll be forced to find another product if an update isn't available soon. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2013 :  21:26:19  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NancyG

My old XP system is dying & need Win8 support. When will next version of PW Agent be released? I'll be forced to find another product if an update isn't available soon. Thanks

Win 8 is supported by current verison, not sure what update are you expecting.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

NancyG

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2013 :  21:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking at 2013 PW Mgmt SW Comparasions, PA is listed as not supporting Win8 & on the moon website, it lists Win7 as it's last support Windows version.

I (mistakenly) assumed it was going to take an PA update to support Win8. Saw the post from from Feb 2013 saying PA V3 would be available this year, thus my post.

Soooo, do I purchase 2.6.2 or wait until 3 is ready?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2013 :  22:33:56  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting me know, I updated the web page and added Win 8 to the list. You can buy ver 2 now because version 3 will not be available in the near future.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

RRX

8 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2013 :  19:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RRX

You have been talking about the next version of Password Magic for quite a long time now. Do you have any information you may pass on to your users about when the beta may be available to test?

Alto,

Any new to share on a new Password Agent?
Go to Top of Page

Edward

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2014 :  04:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PWA 2.6.3 works just fine on Windows 8.1. I have been using it on an ASUS Laptop, a standard desktop PC and a Dell 27" touch screen all-in-one. I have accumulated 913 entries since 2006 and keep "USB PWA.pwa" in DropBox and PWA.exe on a Thumbdrive for convenience. I agree it's better than any other tool around.

quote:
Originally posted by NancyG

Go to Top of Page

Busman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2014 :  22:11:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am another client looking forward to the next version of PWA, but in the meantime, I continue to be impressed with its abilities.

Recently, I got a Dell Vue Pro 8 tablet with Win 8.1. I struggled to shift from Win 7 style to Win 8, especially in how to install programs outside of Windows Store, (which didn't have PWA) but I figured it out and the first program I installed was PWA 2.6.3. No problem!

But then I realized, I would have a sync problem with my (main)PC, a desktop unit and the Vue. I didn't look forward to copying the `latest file update' from one to `the other'.

Ah Ha! Though I have avoided cloud storage services for quite awhile, primarily regarding connectivity break issues, it does seem to be appropriate for this situation. So, I moved my Dell's Library/Document folder to the cloud and stored my PWA file in it, too. Set the Vue copy of PWA to READ from and SAVE to the Document folder in my free OneDrive cloud account. Now, an update from either PC will be to the same file that both can access.

I will also admit to having tested THE OTHER PROGRAM (LastPass) due to all the publicity about it, but, frankly, for my purposes, it did not qualify as a substitute for Password Agent! So, while I wait for the next version, I will keep working quite effectively with 2.6.3. My hats off to the programmer(s)!
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2014 :  08:40:11  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone who is willing to beta test the coming version can let me know. You can use e-mail address from support section of the web site and let me know if you want to test Windows, Android or iOS version. Note that only Windows version will be available first, mobile verisons will come later. The beta is not available today but is starting to take shape. I'll then let you know personally when it is available. First early releases will not be public.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

cinalray

4 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2015 :  20:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

I was busy with Copiaris that was recently released. It took longer than expected. Now starting to work mainly on Password Agent 3.

Ahto

From what I can see, the person above asked you when the next version of Password Agent is coming out and that was 2012 or am I wrong?

Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2015 :  20:53:13  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Information about how to apply beta has been up on front page of homepage for some time now. This month there will be public release of version 3, so occassionally check front page news section at http://www.moonsoftware.com

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

Flux

1 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2016 :  13:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

Anyone who is willing to beta test the coming version can let me know. You can use e-mail address from support section of the web site and let me know if you want to test https://skinnyexpress.com/phen375-review Windows, Android or iOS version. Note that only Windows version will be available first, mobile verisons will come later. The beta is not available today but is starting to take shape. I'll then let you know personally when it is available. First early releases will not be public.

Ahto

Hi Ahto, any eta on version 3? Am looking forward to the release whenever it happens.

Edited by - Flux on 06 June 2016 20:47:33
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2016 :  13:54:26  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In coming days I post last closed beta and then in few weeks will be public beta.
Go to Top of Page

Claire56

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2016 :  13:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Busman

I am another client looking forward to the next version of PWA, but in the meantime, I continue to be impressed with its abilities.

Recently, But then I realized, I would have a sync problem with my (main)PC, a desktop unit and the Vue. I didn't look forward to copying the `latest file update' from one to `the other'. Ah Ha! Though I have avoided cloud storage services for quite awhile, Well here is my http://phenq-avis.com/en/ analysis of phenq primarily regarding connectivity break issues, it does seem to be appropriate for this situation. So, I moved my Dell's Library/Document folder to the cloud and stored my PWA file in it, too. Set the Vue copy of PWA to READ from and SAVE to the Document folder in my free OneDrive cloud account. Now, an update from either PC will be to the same file that both can access.

I will also admit to having tested THE OTHER PROGRAM (LastPass) due to all the publicity about it, but, frankly, for my purposes, it did not qualify as a substitute for Password Agent! So, while I wait for the next version, I will keep working quite effectively with 2.6.3. My hats off to the programmer(s)!

I got a Dell Vue Pro 8 tablet with Win 8.1. I struggled to shift from Win 7 style to Win 8, especially in how to install programs outside of Windows Store, (which didn't have PWA) but I figured it out and the first program I installed was PWA 2.6.3. No problem!

Edited by - Claire56 on 03 July 2017 17:23:30
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2016 :  14:59:34  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Claire,

There is now much newer version 2016 available that you can check out. I recommend anyone who is using old version 2.x to move to the latest version due to security enhancements.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

SteveH

2 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2017 :  22:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great to know. I didn't realize there was a new version out. I need to move to the updated version asap.

Thanks again,
Steve the Carpet Cleaner
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000