HELP with CopyURL Shell! Error when installing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lonny

3 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  21:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, fellow users,

I need help with installing CopyURL shell to a different computer than I used in the past. The CopyURL shell is one of the most useful program I've used and saves a lot of time when sharing links with people or including them in papers, etc.!

Here is what is happening. Due to an extremely slow Internet Explorer, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox a while back. I just now tried to download CopyURL. It is not installing; during the process a box appears on the screen titled "Installer Information" and has a message that says: "Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Doanloads\Shell Tools_110[1].msi.

I went to Add/Remove Programs and the path for where it's trying to install appears to be to Internet explorer IE5. It says that it cannot find it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  21:07:10  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

It may be that the installation file you downloaded is damaged. Try donloading again.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

Lonny

3 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  21:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahto, thank you, but I have tried downloading so many times that I've lost count.

Just a couple of minutes ago I tried installing in a different way (I don't now how I did it as I was trying different things and clicking in and out of different places) and it said that it installed. I enabled the features.

I now see CopyURL and the other 2 shells that come with it in the Internet Explorer, but it's not showing up anywhere in Mozilla Firefox; this is what I need help with - to get this thing to work on Mozilla.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  21:23:46  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is NOT DESIGNED TO WORK IN FIREFOX, that is why you can't see it. You can only use it from IE and from Windows Explroer, as Mozilla does not support shell extensions.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000