Mirror backup does not remove deleted files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mgraesser

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2011 :  06:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I run a mirror backup, files which have been deleted from a source folder are not removed from the target folder.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2011 :  09:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

You can send your system info and backup set file to support e-mail, perhaps after looking at these we can find what's wrong.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

mgraesser

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2011 :  01:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ahto.
I believe that I have resolved this problem. When I first created and ran the backup set I defined the type as 'incremental'. Then (as an experiment) I deleted one file and redefined the set type as 'mirror'. When I ran this, it did not remove the deleted file from the target files.

I repeated the procedure, but defined the set type as 'mirror' from the beginning, and it works fine.

Perhaps it should be stated in the User's Manual that the set type must be defined as 'mirror' from the beginning for the delete function to work. I assume a 'mirror' set type can later be changed to 'incremental' to turn off the delete function, but I have not checked this.

Again, these procedural points should be clarified in the Manual.

Otherwise, as a new user, I appreciate the simplicity of the program and the way in which it gives me a transparent level of control.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2011 :  08:32:48  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess the situation is more complicated than it looks, that is why I asked for backup set file to see exactly what settings you used. Changing backup type on the fly should work as expected.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000