How to mark check box on web page via autofill
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2010 :  09:37:02  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
Often there is additional "remember me" check box next to typical "user name" and "password" fields. How to automatically select this checkbox when autofilling?

Lets asume that we have web form with the following fields:

User ID (text field)
Password (text field)
Remember me (checkbox)
Submit (button)
If you want autofill to automatically fill both text fields and also place check mark in "Remember me" check box before submitting the form, you can use the following template:

$USERID{TAB}$PASSWORD{TAB} {ENTER}
Note there is space beween last {ENTER} and {TAB}. That space is converted to spacebar key. So what this template does is after filling user id and password it sends tab to move focus to "Remeber me" checkbox, then sends spacebar key to toggle check mark and then sends enter to submit form.

If you don't want to automatically submit the form by sending {ENTER} this teplate does not work as Password Agent unfortunately trims trailing spacebars from your template when saving entry. However, you can just write some letter after last spacebar to avoid this. Since pressing any key when focus is in check box does nothing, we can also send any key (we send "x"). So you can use following template to fill form above without automatically submitting it:

$USERID{TAB}$PASSWORD{TAB} x
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000