Backup Magic
 external drive letter changes- creates issue for b
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mbelletty

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2009 :  00:33:47  Show Profile  Visit mbelletty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found that at times my drive letter assigned to the backup magic process may change when I plug in the same external drive to backu data to. When this happens it obviously foes not allow backup magic to work as it is looking for the wrong drive letter to create the backup image. Can you advise a fix for this?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2009 :  11:32:44  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In current version of BM there is no way to find new drive letter automatically, however in next version that is coming later this year it will be able to find drive letter from drive label.

What you can do is set your drive a fixed letter (from end of alphabet), say X:. Then it will not change automatically. You can do this under Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Computer Management | Disk management node, and there right-click on desired drive and choose "Change drive letter" from context menu.

In current version there is also option to copy only to disk with certain label that helps not to copy onto wrong disk.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000