Shell Tools X64 ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinC

Portugal
2 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  19:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to begin with how much I love FontLoader. I simply cannot live without it. I just spent the day trying to figure out how I can add Load and Unload to the default Windows context menu handler for fonts because I have x64 Vista.

If I had known that Shell Tools did not work with X64 Vista I would not have upgraded. I am a designer and a minimalist computer guy. I like things simple and using very little resources. Photoshop and Illustrator run very fast when they donīt have to load hundreds of fonts from past projects. Each project I do has a Resource folder with the fonts for the project located in this folder. In the past when I am working on the project I just right click and Load Fonts. Now I have to drag and drop fonts into the Windblows Fonts folder then remember to delete them when I am done. For me this is unacceptable.

What needs to be done to make Font Loader work in Vista 64 bit?
I will help in anyways I can just tell me. I need Font Loader.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  20:35:14  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin! Currently there is no 64-bit version as my development tool (Delphi) does not support compiling 64-bit programs. This will probably change in next 1 or 2 generations of Delphi.

What you can do as workaround is use 32-bit Windows Explorer. It is included in 64-bit Windows versions. It will load your 32-bit shell extensions (but not 64-bit ones). You can make special shortcut to start 32-bit Explorer.

See this Microsoft paper for background and how to do it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895561
Go to Top of Page

KevinC

Portugal
2 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2008 :  14:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES!! Thanks so much this, it really helps.

I already have a shortcut in my Rocket Dock pointing to my projects folder. I just changed the address to point to the 32 bit explorer and added the location of the projects folder as an argument.

Works like a charm. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

MarkAtHome

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2009 :  00:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

Currently there is no 64-bit version as my development tool (Delphi) does not support compiling 64-bit programs. This will probably change in next 1 or 2 generations of Delphi.
Hi Ahto -- just to add my two cents, I really miss CopyURL. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit RTM with IE8 32-bit, and Shell Tools' module doesn't show up.

Any progress with Delphi?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2009 :  01:08:14  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I really miss CopyURL. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit RTM with IE8 32-bit, and Shell Tools' module doesn't show up.

There is progress with Delphi but seems no 64-bit at least for year or two.

First, are you using ShellTools 1.1RC or 1.0? I suggest to use newer RC1, these are updated Unicode verisons.

About IE8, where do you expect CopyURL to show up? IE 8 does not support context menu extensions for toolbar shortcuts, seems they are supported only in Favorites tab and Favorites menu.

Does CopyURL shows up in your 32-bit Explorer, when right-clicking a shortcut?

I'm hoping to get my hands on final 7 later this month and after that will release ShellTools.
Go to Top of Page

MarkAtHome

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2009 :  01:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
I really miss CopyURL. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit RTM with IE8 32-bit, and Shell Tools' module doesn't show up.

There is progress with Delphi but seems no 64-bit at least for year or two.

First, are you using ShellTools 1.1RC or 1.0? I suggest to use newer RC1, these are updated Unicode verisons.

About IE8, where do you expect CopyURL to show up? IE 8 does not support context menu extensions for toolbar shortcuts, seems they are supported only in Favorites tab and Favorites menu.

Does CopyURL shows up in your 32-bit Explorer, when right-clicking a shortcut?

I'm hoping to get my hands on final 7 later this month and after that will release ShellTools.

Hi! That was quick...

I'm using Moon Software Shell Tools v1.0.1, 28 Dec 2007 (?).

Unfortunately, CopyURL does not show up when using Win 7's 32-bit version of IE (I'm not using the 64-bit version).

My expection was for CopyURL to show up when I right-clicked one of my Favorites from its tab or menu, not from a toolbar.
Go to Top of Page

polocanada

3 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2009 :  21:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever I do I can't get them in the shell menu. Installed. Enabled both in Control menu - OK. Doesn't show up. Started 32-bit explorer OK. Doesn't show up. Tried 1.0.1 version also Beta version no help. Basically I only want FILE NOTE, which is great to have, can't live without it and Hide/show hidden files.
Mine is W7, 64-bit, 7600, final release, Enterprise.
What am I doing wrong?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2009 :  21:49:13  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't comment at the moment more than has been already said. I don't have release verison of Windows 7 for testing. I'll release final and updated version of Shell Tools 1.1 in coming weeks after I have received my copy of 7 and everything seems to work (for me at least).
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  01:36:57  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As my released Windows 7 takes a few more days to arrive I have played more with pre-release 7 and seems IE 8 on Windows 7 does not load shell extensions for Favorites tab, while IE 8 on Vista and XP do. That is really strange. On 7 I only get shell extension for favorites in Favorites menu and elsewhere in shell like Favorites folder, but not in Favorites tab of IE nor toolbar. And no, it is not loading any shell extensions (even commands entered via registry shell/open/command keys), not only CopyURL.
Go to Top of Page

jiji

1 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2009 :  04:05:57  Show Profile  Visit jiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately Windows 7 x64 version doesn't have 32Bit explorer.
I'm grate fun of ShellTools and FontLoader.
I'm waiting for x64 version of these programs.
Cheer UP!
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2009 :  11:03:18  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, it seems there is no way to use 32-bit Explorer on Windows 7 x64.
c:\windows\syswow64\explorer.exe /separate
starts another copy of 64-bit Explorer window, while on Vista x64 it starts 32-bit Explorer instance.

So currently the only way to use 32-bit Shell Tools on Windows 7 x64 seems to be use of 3rd party 32-bit file manager.
Go to Top of Page

fungel

2 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2012 :  16:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So currently the only way to use 32-bit Shell Tools on Windows 7 x64 seems to be use of 3rd party 32-bit file manager.

That quote was from 2009...

Is this still the case?
And if so then would you have any recommendations for a 3rd party 32-bit file manager at all?

Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2012 :  08:40:27  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fungel

quote:

That quote was from 2009...

Is this still the case?
And if so then would you have any recommendations for a 3rd party 32-bit file manager at all?

Many thanks.

I hope to release 64-bit version of ShellTools this week.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2012 :  20:58:38  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ShellTools 2.0.0 is now available, it contains both 32- and 64-bit shell extensions.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

win7pro64

0 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2013 :  14:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried ShellTools 2.0.1 on Win7 64 Pro with service pack 1. It works fine in the WinExplorer, except for the "folder background"-features when I navigate through one of the libraries.

Would it be possible to enable the "folder background"-features (like hide/unhide hidden files or extensions) also in the libraries?

Regrads
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000