Multimedia Xplorer
 DDE Calls
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

revdrmarsh

2 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2008 :  18:28:55  Show Profile
What are the DDE calls used by Multimedia Xplorer? I noticed they are used in the .mxs extension play call in Windows Explorer.

I have a program that calls Multimedia Xplorer by "executing" an .mxs file and has worked well for all versions of Windows through Win2K. When I make the same call with XP, Multimedia Xplorer runs, but the slide show doesn't begin automatically.

I was going to play with DDE calls, but realize the only DDE command or information I have is PlayShow("%L%"). I assume if I have the names to initiate a DDE session, I can make the PlayShow call and pass the .mxs file name in place of %L.

I tried the compatability mode trick, but that didn't seem to have an effect.

Thank you

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2008 :  22:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
Sorry, Multimedia Xplorer is long ago discontinued and I don't remember such topics. If I remember correctly, all information for DDE should be in the registry, that is how it worked in old Windows.
Go to Top of Page

revdrmarsh

2 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2008 :  19:12:41  Show Profile
I got the DDe call working when I went back and looked at the Windows Explorer definition again. I was hoping there were some other gems buried in the software, but understand you don't keep track of long ago discontinued software.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000