Send in your feature requests for the next version
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2002 :  08:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
Many of you are waiting for the next version 3 of Multimedia Xplorer. There have been several factors to prevent working on the new version but in the near future the development will start get more priority.

So, I would like to know what features you would like to see in new Multimedia Xplorer. Many people have requested thumbnail display support, so it will be included. Generally we would like to keep it mostly as quick image viewer/manager, and will not include image editing capabilities.

You can post your ideas here.

Thanks!

Ahto

cvtrain

2 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2003 :  15:49:04  Show Profile
Does anyone know the status of version 3. I've been a user for years and I am eagar for more features.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2003 :  18:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
Status of version 3 is unclear at the moment.

P.S. For those who don't know, version 2 is now freeware.
Go to Top of Page

mscullin

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2005 :  05:57:28  Show Profile
Except for the apparent "pathname" bug in Windows XP, where Favorites don't always work, and the error box "The parameter is incorrect" comes up when opening a file with a pathname containing spaces, there are only two features I'd like to see in v 3. They are: a toolbar for favorites, and tabbed folders, to have more than one open at a time.

Please consider, Ahto, how long Windows XP has been out, and ask whether it is not long overdue to release v 3. I am a developer for 15 years now, and will help alpha and beta test if you wish.

Eagerly waiting to buy v 3,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2005 :  13:01:55  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
Have you tried to set compatibility more of mxplorer.exe to emulate Windows 2000? It is interesting that I have not thought about this earlier, all these years! It seems to fix most of the problems.

Just open Properties sheet of mxplorer.exe and on Compatibility tab activate compatibility mode with Windows 2000.

Let me know how it turns out.
Go to Top of Page

abelincoln

1 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2005 :  18:18:14  Show Profile
a couple of features would be great. Being able to add music to the slide show and to have the pictures slide around during the show. A little movement on the pictures really make they show much better.
Otherwise, it is a great program. When you released it, it was way ahead of everything else.
Go to Top of Page

maggieross

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2005 :  17:28:08  Show Profile
Have used multimedia explorer for several years. I would like to be able to view my .PNG images. Will that file type be included in the next version?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2005 :  19:22:45  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
Currently development of Multimedia Xplorer is stopped and the latest version 2 is released as freeware.

So this topic here is not valid any more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000