Can't Add New Item
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tdidymas

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2019 :  21:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Error Message is "opened in read-only mode because write access was denied"... and new item is greyed-out. I was able to add new items up until recently, now I can't add any new items (or probably change any passwords).

When I installed PA last year, I thought I placed the write file on my local drive; but then I noticed there was a default file (I thought it was a backup) on the Win Skydrive, and when I locate the file, it is in the Skydrive folder in addition to the Documents folder. Skydrive also has a Documents folder, which might be confusing. It may be there was some confusion about which Documents folder that PA was going to.

Recently I had a need to disconnect from my Microsoft account because I had to make it local. I disabled the Cloud and the Cloud icon in File Explorer disappeared. Ever since, the New Item function is disabled.

Now I am needing to add a new item, and wonder if there is no workaround but to either reinstall the prog, or reenable the microsoft account. I don't see any option where I can change the file location for write access.

Am I missing something here? How do I fix this issue?
TD

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1201 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2019 :  21:17:33  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you choose command "File | Open file location" then Explorer is opened and your data file is selected. Then you see where you have it stored. Likely it is in read-only folder (no write access to your user). You can move it to your Documents folder. Before moving be sure to close it in Password Agent, otherwise you cannot move it. After moving double-click the file in new location to open it in Password Agent, or, use "File | Open" command in Password Agent to select the file from new location.
Go to Top of Page

tdidymas

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2019 :  21:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

If you choose command "File | Open file location" then Explorer is opened and your data file is selected. Then you see where you have it stored. Likely it is in read-only folder (no write access to your user). You can move it to your Documents folder. Before moving be sure to close it in Password Agent, otherwise you cannot move it. After moving double-click the file in new location to open it in Password Agent, or, use "File | Open" command in Password Agent to select the file from new location.

That worked, thanks! Although the file itself wasn't read-only, I did not think to check the parent folders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000