Losing position when leaving and returning to PWA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aitch

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2018 :  11:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HATE the way, when I'm editing the Notes for an entry (especially when there's more than one page of them) and have to switch to another window, when I return to PWA the Notes are locked and I've lost my position within them.

Presumably there's no way round this?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1162 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2018 :  16:51:31  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, when edit field loses focus changes are saved and edit field is hidden. That is to improve security, because malicious programs may be able to copy data from edit field that is in edit mode, but not when the field is not in edit mode.

It is possible to change the program to move caret to last used position when beginning to edit field, but that is not always desired.
Go to Top of Page

Aitch

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2018 :  17:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't it be optional? It's intensely irritating and time wasting, if I'm editing a note but have to get info from another window, to have to go back into the note, scroll down and try and figure out where I was.

It may be a security feature but other progs, e.g. Roboform, don't seem to find it necessary.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1162 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2018 :  17:36:31  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, most other programs don't care that much of security of your data and put all fields of your item into edit mode at once and keep it that way until you close edit window.

Once you put Note field into edit mode press End button on keyboard to jump to the end of note.
Go to Top of Page

Aitch

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2018 :  01:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right in what you say but the difference is that they offer the choice. It's very easy to kill edit mode in Roboform and similar products. I feel strongly that there should be a timeout among the PWA options, so the user can choose to kill edit mode immediately, as now, or after a period that could range from a few seconds (for a quick look aside) to much longer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000