Portable version - download without installer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrAngelus

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  00:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't you at one point have a portable version of Password Agent that you released in a zip file... so you could just replace .exe or which ever files needed replacing without going through the installer

Did you stop doing that because i can't find the link for it

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1169 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  09:34:03  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello! Now it is available again, please see Download section.
Go to Top of Page

MrAngelus

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  18:19:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Thanks but I appear to be having an issue after I download the zip file...I can't get it to extract.. tried multiple times with multiple extraction programs....is the .zip corrupted?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1169 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2018 :  10:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for pointing out the issue. To get the best compression, the zip was compressed using newer bzip2 compression that some un-zip programs and Windows are unable to extract. For example free 7-zip can un-compress it.

But I replaced the zip file and it now uses more widespread compression, so if you re-download it you should be able to extract it with your current software.
Go to Top of Page

MrAngelus

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2018 :  16:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I replaced my Password Agent files with the ones in the zip file but for some reason Password Agent is still telling me there is an update

Any idea why that is and how to fix it?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1169 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2018 :  23:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The zip file does not contain updater. Perhaps you mixed your existing full installation with new .exe files from the zip. You should delete the updater .exe file if you want to use the portable version from zip file.
If you need to use updater then use full installer, not zip file.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000