Master Password Visibility - Password Agent 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

sub_elite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2018 :  03:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use a ctrl-XXXX code for the first character of my master password in password agent 2017. from time to time (can't seem to nail down exactly under what circumstances) the first character of my password is visible and when it is; it never fails to fail unlocking my account. I have to close the file and re-open to correct. not such a big deal however people spying on my screen would be able to see which control code character i'm using as the first character in my password. you said you were all about security and i believe this is an issue. not sure if ctrl codes could possibly be visible anywhere else in the master password or in any of the password fields of any entries; something you'll have to look into yourself ahto. thanks for making a great product. good day.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1169 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2018 :  22:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you mean you use Unicode symbol that you enter by holding down Alt + enter 4-digit number from numeric keypad? What happens when you try this on a web page in web browser in a masked password field? I suspects it behaves the same way as in PA?
Go to Top of Page

sub_elite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2018 :  01:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Unicode (Alt+4 digit number;) as PA master password.
I was not able to reproduce this in Chrome masked password field.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000