Failed to activate screen capture blocking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

walterdh

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2017 :  23:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does the message "Failed to activate screen capture blocking for application window. This usually happens when Windows Aero desktop features are disabled." mean? Specifically, what Aero features should I enable. I'm using Windows 7 Professional and Password Agent X64 2016.10.10.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2017 :  09:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Typically you may see this error message when you have set Windows look to "classic" which disables Aero interface. If you don't want to change your interface then you can disable Password Agent' screen capture blocking feature under program settings, set "Block screen capture" to No.
Go to Top of Page

walterdh

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2017 :  18:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

callamon

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2017 :  18:13:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, I am having the same issue with my computer, and I have turned Aero off and back on to no effect. Can you be more specific regarding this error?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2017 :  18:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

Starting with version 2016.7.8 there is new security setting "Block screen capture (return black screen)" that is enabled by default (see Tools | Settings menu command). Disable it only if you get black Password Agent window when accessing your computer remotely using TeamViewer, LogMeIn or other remote connection software.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

callamon

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2017 :  21:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That doesn't answer my question, that is a copy\paste of the release notes and by no means gives me any applicable information to assist in resolving my issue. Very disappointing support for an issue that appears to be popping up on my friend's machines as well. You might want to look into it.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2017 :  21:17:12  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seems I misunderstood your question.

If the function fails then most likely Aero desktop composition is disabled. Please send your system info (in PA choose Help | Copy system info) to support e-mail address listed on web site Support section. Include also screenshot of your Windows Desktop (or just Taskbar).

Ahto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000