Black screen when using TeamViewer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steven Martin

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2016 :  12:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sometimes need to access a computer via TeamViewer when I am away. When I am logged in to that computer and start Password Agent all I get is the Password Agen screen appearing as totally black. This means I cannot access some programs on that computer without having to type them in - not good for security.

I never had this issue with Password Agent 2, only this latest version. I am up-to-date with the latest programs of both Password Agent and TeamViewer and I have also tried changing viewing resolutions with TeamViewer but the program still is blocked by being totally black. No other program I use does this with TeamViewer. I would add a screenshot, but do not see a way to do this.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2016 :  14:27:27  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Black screen is from the fact that new version has built-in screen capture blocking to prevent malicious programs to silently capture screen of Password Agent as you work. It is not possible to make a screenshot of Password Agent window -- result is black window.

You can access Password Agent remotely if you use Microsoft Remote Desktop client.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Martin

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2016 :  20:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Windows 10 Home user on all my computers it is not easy (almost impossible) to set up Microsoft Remote Desktop which is why I use TeamViewer. Seems as though I may have to find another software solution if that is the case.

Could this not be a user selection as it would be my responsibility for the protection of my passwords?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2016 :  21:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Could this not be a user selection as it would be my responsibility for the protection of my passwords?

If it was user selection then a bad guy wanting to record your screen can disable the feature and then record. I'll soon release mobile versions so you can take your file with you in a mobile device.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2016 :  01:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Starting with version 2016.7.8 there is new security setting "Block screen capture (return black screen)" that is enabled by default. Disable it only if you get black Password Agent window when accessing your computer remotely using TeamViewer, LogMeIn or other remote connection software.
Go to Top of Page

puncle

1 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2016 :  06:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

Starting with version 2016.7.8 there is new security setting "Block screen capture (return black screen)" that is enabled by default. Disable it only if you get black Password Agent window when accessing your computer remotely using TeamViewer, LogMeIn or other remote connection software.

thanks so much for including this option! i use RealVNC daily for work, and it was driving me nuts to not have remote access to my passwords.
Go to Top of Page

therealjorge

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2017 :  09:50:34  Show Profile  Visit therealjorge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a free alternative you may also want to try remote desktop by AEROADMIN.

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

malika

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2017 :  12:29:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was also facing the same issue then I turned off security from services.msc and it worked for me :)
You can also try the same
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2017 :  19:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was also facing the same issue help me :/

What issue exactly? Solution was provided above by un-selecting program setting "Block screen capture (return black screen)".
Go to Top of Page

RodrickSen

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2017 :  19:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad this is already resolved. Thanks for the info everyone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000